13 May 2010

I Think My Parents Know How Wild I Could Be.

• In a particular occasion during a holiday trip to Bali, Dad playfully asked us to go in a club...
We went in,
> I was nonchalant,
> Mom was anxious,
> Bro was indifferent.
A waiter asked for orders,
> Mom and Bro straight away said: Orange juice.
> Father was not so fast on choosing…
> I…, was looking around, then with a bored face said: Do you have Lychee Martini – shaken, not stirred?
(I could have sworn I was desperately holding back my laughter looking at my parents face; eyes were almost popped from their face!)
> Dad abruptly said: ok, but we share!
> Me: ok, dad, no problem, no problem at all…
(It is so cute how Dad wanted to ‘keep my daughter safe’ and ‘let her taste the world’, so to speak, at the same time.)
I think Mom was so shock that she kind of froze while I was enjoying the beat, on my seat – mind you, and sipping the martini…
> Both of them ‘advised’ me not to go to ‘such’ place without them…
> Me: Yeah, Mom, Dad, sure thing! (:p)


• Another holiday trip, another bar.
At Jogja, just a hotel bar… *evil grin*
After watching Ratatouille Movie with Bro at the hotel’s home theatre (Yes, they have a home theatre set! How cool is that!), we joined our parents at the hotel’s bar.
> Dad ordered (surprised, surprised!!), TEA! A plain, old, traditional Javanese TEA! Not that tea’s no good; I myself a big, huge, fan of tea, but c’mon, this is a drinking, indulging time! And you drink TEA?! Oh, c’mon!!
> Mom got me even more surprised than ever, ordered herself a good dose of coconut water with some kind of concoction, plus RUM! Oh, good ol’ Mom! Drinkin’ RUM?! Now this, I got to witness!
> Bro got himself a vanilla milkshake and huge waffle with ice-cream…
> Me, the adventurer of the night, got myself a tall, slim glass of Bloody Mary… (Oh, what a night!)
I did not finish my Mary, though, but I finished Mom’s rum (which she drank only a lil’ bit)! It was nice and sweet, just like Mom… (:p)


• I think they are aware of how wild their child, or any other person in the family, for that matter, could be.


• Sometimes I really am baffled on those parents who, despite the unforeseeable and highly versatile circumstances their children are in, still believe that the kids are still a good, naïve baby girl/boy.
> Puhlease! Open your eyes, people! A good, nice, sweet appearance is nothing!
You would not know them on your back if they do not want you to.
There are, certain advantages, where it might only be granted with a positive image, y’know…


• PS. Mom, Dad, I show you the ‘worldly’ me, because I want you to know that I can handle and take care of myself, and my drink… (:p)
All those drunk and sick moments? Whom else I dare to do if that with if not you guys? Because I know you will take care of me…
Because I know, I am safe with you… (^^)
With other people? I would not dare get drunk, I will be timid, or even more so when hanging out with my friends to the uncharted territory, for the lack of a better word…


LotsOfLove,
Lina.

No comments:

Post a Comment